Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Interface

Having already read couple fine books by Neal Stephenson - ZodiacSnow Crash, The Diamond Age and Cryptonomicon - the expectations were pretty high when I begun with Interface. I have to that in the end I was dissapointed. The first half was kept toghether with my development of the tech and the main characters, but the second half did not fullfill the promises hanging in the air. 


I do not know how much the listening of the Daemon and Freedom(tm) in the middle of the book did effect to my feelings in the end. As the Suarez's story was so driven, I bet the Interface got bit spoiled in the process.I won't let one dissapointment make me forget Stephenson, I've already begun with his newest: Reamde.

1 comment:

Ida said...

I have only read Anathem from Stephenson, and I really liked it. Reamde seems interesting. :)